Thursday, February 7, 2008

Why am I doing this?

Although free time is at a premium for me these days, I've been thinking about blogging and reading blogs for a while. I was inspired to take the plunge by ScienceWoman's post about a month ago on the barriers facing women in science, here, where she wonders,

At what point are the hurdles simply too high? What level of obstacles defeat us all, no matter how much drive, determination, and intelligence? When do we admit that for some people's lives, there are no examples? When do we admit that we don't know whether "it can be done"?
Though it may be the height of arrogance, I felt like she was talking about me.

2 comments:

Lab Cat said...

Just found your blog via your comments on Being a Scientist and a Woman.

Good luck with blogging. I find that you have lots of interesting things to say.

Abel Pharmboy said...

Like Lab Cat I also found your thoughtful comments at sciencewoman's and now through a recommendation from DrugMonkey. You have a unique and valuable voice in academic bloggery - I love your posts so far and really look forward to learning more about this crazy business from your vantage point.