Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Camera Update

Thanks so much to everyone who left suggestions and expressions of empathy in response to my post about the broken camera. It looks like I can now put that frustrating episode behind me - we received the repaired camera back last week. It seems like everything but the housing was replaced, judging from the notes on the packing slip. And it works like a dream, too!

In fact, it almost works TOO well. The sensitivity is incredible! So incredible, in fact, that I've had to rewrite all my analysis codes because the parameters have changed so dramatically.

I also got a new computer that was pre-loaded with the right operating system. I think it's funny, though, that nobody seems to want the computer that three people slaved over for several days to wrest from the clutches of Vista. I thought it would be used for the new set-up, but they chose to order a new one as well. Then it looked like it would be used to run the fluorimeter, which used to be run by a Commodore 64 and was just upgraded. But it is still sitting next to the optical table, not attached to anything. I guess it's tainted with the scent of futility.

1 comment:

Dr. Jekyll & Mrs. Hyde said...

a Commodore 64

That's awesome. Simply awesome.