Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Six Random Things About ME

Abel Pharmboy has tagged me for another meme! At this rate, I’ll never have to decide what to write about again! Here are the rules:

  1. Link to the person who tagged you.

  2. Post the rules on your blog.

  3. Write six random things about yourself.

  4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.

  5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.

  6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


So, here are six random things about me. I don’t think these will blow my cover, unless one of you readers already knows me pretty well in real life.

  1. I rarely wear high heels, and sometimes I fall down when walking on uneven pavement. This is thanks to multiple, severe inversion ankle sprains complete with a partial lateral ligament tear from my ballet dancing days that was never surgically repaired. My foot literally just turns underneath me sometimes without warning. The last time this happened, I was walking along a gravel path across a large lawn on my campus, and I ripped the knee of my pants.

  2. I love Halloween. I plan to wear a costume into the lab this year.

  3. I hate the color pink. But my two little princesses have worn me down to the point that I can actually wear some shades of pink without wanting to puke.

  4. I have never touched a gun, and once kicked someone out of my house for showing off one, even though it wasn’t loaded.

  5. I really love to watch choreographed fight scenes in movies. It doesn’t matter what style of fighting, and it doesn’t matter what genre the movie is; I especially love the fantastical Hong Kong martial arts action movies, where people walk on water and fly from roof-top to roof-top. But I don’t enjoy horror movies or gratuitous violence in movies (though I accept that it be an effective device to make a point). And I feel physically ill when I see people hitting each other in real life.

  6. I get very nostalgic when I smell clove cigarettes.


I'm going to have to add my tags later today, since I'm hurriedly posting this in the (very busy) lab, and I'll need to do some research to find out who hasn't done this one yet. If any of you readers are game, let me know in the comments and consider yourselves tagged!

UPDATE: Okay, I think I've found six more victims excellent bloggers who haven't done this meme yet. I've really enjoyed reading all the other randomness all over the internet!

So now, I tag:
FlickaMawa at A Cat Nap
Jenny F. Scientist at A Natural Scientist
MissPrism at A Somewhat Old, but Capacious Handbag
Rebecca at Adventures in Applied Math
EcoGeoFemme at The Happy Scientist whoops, somebody tagged her already.
Academic at Journeys of an Academic
WomanScientist at Woman Scientist

7 comments:

Ambivalent Academic said...

Are you my doppelganger!?!

Well, everything but #5...as a youth I participated in a multisport in which one phase was target shooting (paper targets + air pistol). I was actually pretty good and enjoyed target shooting but never really equated it to killing anything so it wasn't a big issue. Until I moved to my current location (where public buildings have signs on all the entrances declaring them "gun-free zones" - you need to specify this in a school/hospital/library?).

My brother the redneck thought this was too cool and bought me a .22 single-shot rifle for Christmas. I enjoyed shooting at targets with it but it lives in the closet, I have never bought ammo for it and the only time I even considered bringing it out of hiding was when the guy downstairs was beating his girlfriend in the driveway...like I said no ammo, just to scare him back inside so she could get out of there...but I chickened out and called the cops instead - took them forever to show up. She ended up leaving him and is OK, which alleviates some of my chicken-guilt.

PS - I've been lurking for a while and just started blogging myself...I hope you won't mind if I add you to my blogroll?

acmegirl said...

Cool! Glad you started blogging. I'd be happy to be on your blogroll!

Ambivalent Academic said...

Sweet! Thanks!

Academic said...

Done! http://academiccrossroads.blogspot.com/2008/10/6-random-things-about-me-meme.html

Abel Pharmboy said...

Sorry to tag you again since I know you're writing that paper but I hadn't heard from you in awhile and wondered if you'd write more about your pre-grad school dance background. But that other stuff was very interesting! Hope y'all had a fun Halloween.

acmegirl said...

Actually, it was fun! A girl needs to take a break sometimes!

Interesting point, though. I should write more about dance. I almost did a themed answer, but I thought that wouldn't be random enough...

Always overthinking.

flickamawa said...

I'd love to hear more about your dance background, too! Thanks for the tag, I'll be happy to do the meme soon!