Sunday, November 2, 2008

InaDWriMo - Update 1

I worked for most of the day today, thanks to my Mom, who insisted that she really wanted to spend the day with the kids, and that the only thing that would make her happier would be to see me get some work done. I think she is going to be one happy lady when I go home and tell her how much I got done! Here's where I stand today:

  1. I have completed all the figures that include my actual data. Although that was already done on Friday, I checked them out today, made a couple of corrections and finished the last two captions. The two remaining are the one that may get axed anyway (a diagram of the experiment) and a new one that was suggested to me by a co-author (re-make of a figure from one of my references that will just make it easier for readers to understand what the hell I'm talking about).
  2. I finally have a draft of the "Results" section! I cannot tell you how happy I am to have that monkey off my back.
  3. I have a list of items to add to the "Methods" section.

In all I wrote about 650 words today.

I have not addressed any of my other goals yet. I will re-read what I wrote today later on tonight, and send it to my PI, and the co-author.

No comments: