Sunday, December 7, 2008

January Scientiae - Call for Posts

December is the time that we prepare to close out one calendar year (or semester) and begin another. We stand on the threshold between the new and the old. As a way of honoring the transitional nature of this time of year, I’d like to challenge you to think about all the doors that you have opened and closed this year.

As one door closes, another one opens. Likewise, as one door opens, another one closes.

Sometimes you close a door by choice, knowing that the path it leads to is not the one you want to take. Some doors were closed before you got to them. What open doors did you find while searching for a new path to take? Perhaps you closed a door without intending to. Were you able to re-open that door? Or did you decide to leave what was done as done? Have you had to close one door in order to allow another one to open?

Feel free to write about a specific episode, or use this as an opportunity to look back on the entire year. Or write about something else entirely. Just send in your submissions for the Scientiae Carnival by midnight on December 28. Complete instructions can be found here. I'll be hosting right here on New Year's Day.

11 comments:

CookingWithSolvents said...

Many doors were closed when the economy tanked and schools watched their endowments shrivel up and die (or you'd think from all the hiring freezes). I opened a door when I applied for a fellowship while I applied for faculty positions. At the time I thought it was borderline foolish but good practice and a nice thing to do for my boss. The prop was funded and unlike many of my colleagues and friends I have a job in academia awaiting if the phone doesn't ring with a faculty position. Many others are not as fortunate

ADmin said...

Exchange" your articles. The exposition written over here work inclination of your educator is not quite the same as the taste of how about we state a proofreader of a day by day or reflexive.

jena grey said...

I like your post, the fact that your site is a little bit different makes it so interesting, I get sick up seeing the same old boring recycled stuff all of the time, exam dumps, It’s a quite interesting and different post. Keep posting. Stay blessed!!

exam dumps said...

Thanks for an insightful post. These comments are really helpful. I found a lot of useful tips from this post.74-344, LOT-403, 74-343
and more detail.

colaveri d said...

I just found your blog and want to say many many thanks for share and keep up the good work.
pakistani matrimony | pakistani matrimonial | pakistani matrimonial sites | pakistani dating

colaveri d said...

All i can say this this world class write up! Thanks that some one gave an attention to this subject!
Imported Cars in Pakistan | Used Toyota Invincible in Pakistan | Used Lexus in Pakistan | Used Toyota Pirus in Pakistan

blaircraig said...

Wonderful post. This is the most inspiring post. I love to read such kind of material. Blogger did a great job here...
BB. Thank you for sharing to us. There are many people searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post. I would like to join your blog anyway so please continue sharing with us..

blaircraig said...

Well I was looking some info in Google although I have done lot of research in and development about before suddenly my search stopped me at your blog I really enjoyed reading it.
Advertising agencies in lahore | furniture | advertising agencies in Pakistan

Nick Damron said...

Hi there! Lovely blog you have here, I'm happy I ran into you! Your post is looking so lovely due to your pasted material here .. Nice inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

deven zar said...


I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page.
http://www.chansports.com

deven zar said...

Its a great pleasure reading your post.Its full of information I am looking for and I love to post a comment that "The content of your post is awesome" Great work –
Nfl Free Stream Online | Nhl Free Stream Online | football free stream online | Nba Free Stream Online